Donald Schumaker Council No. 6772 serves the
parish of St. Alphonsus in Brooklyn Center,
Alphonsus was founded by the Redemptorists
in 1959, which was the first Redemptorist
parish in Minnesota. During the first year
masses were held in neighborhood schools.
The first mass was celebrated in the
original church on May 8, 1960. The Parish
School was completed in 1961.
1968 ground-breaking ceremonies were held to
construct a new church. The original church
was converted into a gymnasium.
a major construction project was undertaken
to renovate the worship area, add a
gathering area, a social hall with full
kitchen facilities, a new education wing,
and bridal and child-care rooms.
St. Alphonsus is the home parish for over
3,000 families. It continues to be a
friendly, caring, multi-cultural community.
Our Knights of Columbus Council strives to
make our contribution to that environment.